Re: [Harp-L] Blowing out a harp (was Sound of Hohner)

How long does the average harp last some of you guys?
I've read that the longevity of harps is a concern a
lot of players take into consideration when purchasing
a harp.

I actually have stayed away from buying a lot of
Special 20s because of others' remarks on how long
they last even though I find them very easy to play.

Personally, I've only blown out two reeds in the
approx. three years I've been playing.  My first was a
Hohner blues harp in G and my second was a Lee Oskar
in G.

I've been using the same harps since September (Golden
Melodies) and have played some of them everyday and
have had no problems.  I use draw bends, blow bends,
overblows, and an occasional overdraw if I can set the
reeds right.

Maybe if I played some more 4 hour gigs I'd go through
more?

Mike

Mike Fugazzi
"Nite Rail"