Re: [Harp-L] Sound of Hohner (was Hering harp comment): could be HohnerApology

Hi Froggy

Well, I've customized a few Hering 1923 and the players who use these harps
will not completely agree with you.
There is a slight difference in sound but the moment you start cupping/using
hand effects/tongueblock/vamping....etc, in a double-blind test no
harpplayer will be able to tell me which harp was played.
Isn't it sometimes a mind over matter thing..you hear what you wan to hear?
and...customizing(embossing/tipscooping/chamfering etc) SEEMS to brighten
the sound a little..??!!

There are a lot of players who have THE SOUND...no matter which brand of
harp they play.
These players are able to play from their heart and that's (for me) THE
SOUND!

Ben Bouman
www.marbletones.com
www.harmonicainstituut.nl