Re: [Harp-L] Hering Harp comments

The Hering 1923 vintage harp has a just intonation tuning..
the chords are very, very nice sounding but when playing single notes it can
sound a bit out of tune( 3-5-7 draw).
I retune them to a compromised tuning.
The only ones I do not retune are the low F, low E and low D ...when you
play a chord on the lower holes they have this incredible rich sound....
A.F.A.I.K. these low key 1923 are only made for the wholesaler in Holland...
www.harponline.de  is also selling these...

Hering is now offering two more wooden combed harps:
-Delta Blues..same specs as the 1923 but with different covers.
-Master blues- 0.9 mm reedplates (1923 =1,2 mm=1,3 mm measured!)

According to their new brochure thet use Madeira wood...so far I didn't have
any problem with this wood, no swelling....

Ben Bouman
Holland

www.marbletones.com
www.harmonicainstituut.nl