Re: [Harp-L] re: harp as a toy

----- Original Message ----- From: <rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 9:06 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] re: harp as a toy

I gig with the local music professor. He really loves Chicago harp. I've played
with a pianist who knew little Walter's music better than I do.Most musicians
are a little leery of having a harp player sit in because there's awful harp
players out there and few things sound worse than bad harp (except for loud bad
harp).

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm

Hi,
Harmonica is considered the easiest instrument to learn how to play, but it is EXTREMELY diffocult to sound truly good/great at, and the ONLY instrument that one can sound worse at than harmonica are vocals. The fault for the bad reputation harmonica and its player's have belongs SQUARELY on the shoulders of harmonica players themselves, and the large majority of them are the LAST to acknowledge this, and they're the ones who make things so damned difficult for the truly good players to get their due props, and that's the cold, hard, brutal truth!!!!!! BTW, for every really good harp player the average person comes in contact with (regardless if they're musicians or not, pro or amateur), they're usually gonna come in contact with 10,000 really AWFUL players with equally awful musical habits (regardless of genres they play or think they can play)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com