[Harp-L] Re: Strnad Help

Charlie sez:

I'm looking for help on getting a more Chicago-like sound from my Strnad. Maybe a distortion pedal?
I'm the frontman/guitar player for my band, who also plays harp. My rig is a Strand mic in a clip-type
mic holder mounted on a straight mic stand for hands free playing. I play this thru a Fender Blues Deluxe. It works fairly well, although it’s a little hard to keep the stand stationary when I move my mouth side to side. My main complaint is it is too clean. I'd really like to get a more ballsy sound.

You may be interested to know that Pat O'Brien of Los Angeles uses the Strnad pickup exclusively, and is one of it's proponents, as he is one of the first "names" to use it when it was introduced many years ago. Check the page below, and scroll down for a great photo of him with the mic.

http://www.priestsoflove.com/Ministry.htm

Pat and his trio have a "home" at The First Cabin in Arcadia, CA (just east of LA), where they have been for many years - 10 years that I know of - every Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights, except when they are on tour to Las Vegas, Laughlin, etc. And they have been a member of the Harpers' International Giglist since its inception.

Their site is http://www.priestsoflove.com
- Danny
--

BassHarp