[Harp-L] Fender Bandmaster Head

Hi Guys / Gals,

I need some info from y'all.

I have just bought a '66 Fender Blackface Bandmaster Head.
Initial impressions are it sounds great, but i have yet to get the chance to crank it up to gigging volume.

I was wondering if anyone has used these amps and whether or not it benefits from any tube swaps etc ?
At present it has 2 x RCA 6L6 GC, 2 x Telefunken 7025, 1x Telefunken AX7 and 1 x Telefunken AT7 ( The AX7 & AT7 operate the Tremolo)

I am planning to use a 2x10 cab with this or maybe a 4x10, but would it be better to stick with the 2x12 configuration of the original cabs that came with these amps (I don't have a cab yet) ?

Thanks in advance
Paul