[Harp-L] Re: Trivia Question

Fifteen-twenty years ago I knew a woman who had taught in a Hutterite colony in
western Canada - she said she had been hired at least in part because she
played the harmonica, and explained that it was the only musical instrument
allowed in Hutterite colonies; she didn't say why.  I assumed it was because
it's such a humble little instrument, and because it's German in origin.

Perhaps the Hutterites et al originally used it as a pitch pipe, to aid their
singing ...

- thurg