[Harp-L] 1st Pos. Blues Scale and Thanks

I think I just reached a milestone in my playing.  I was practicing
overblows in the car today and found what sounded close to the blues scale,
right in the middle of the harp.  I came home to check on GROTCH, and I was
one note off.  So now I can officially claim to play the Pentatonic Blues
Scale in First Position on the three or four of my harps set up tightly
enough to do overblows on holes 4, 5, and 6.  I plan to practice the scale
and hopefully will be able to use it in real playing soon.

So this seems like a good opportunity to thank some people who have helped
me come this far in two and a half years of playing: Dave Gage, Jason Ricci,
Tinus, Eric Duminil, and many other people here at Harp-L.  Now I'm off to
soak my reed plates in 91% alcohol!  (Will it make me feel sexy...or just
light-headed?)  ;-D

Jonathan Metts