Re: [Harp-L] Baroque Music on Chromatic?

Tony

I suggest you make time to talk to Yasuo Watani at SPAH

I won't be there this year, but I know SPAH worked hard to get one of the best
chromatic players in the world to this year's convention..

He was in Germany for a few years with Hohner Konservatorium  but is now back in
Japan, and the Far East. This could be a rare visit to the USA.

I know he plays Handel and probably more in his wide classical repertoire.

I am sure the SPAH team can let you have more details.

Other European players lincluding Franz Chmel also include some baroque as did
earlier players from the USA like John Sebastian. and Stan Harper.

Roger

>Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:06:50 +1000 (EST)
>From: <teyers@xxxxxxxxxx>

>In particular, I look forward to hearing and learning from
>the many great masters that I read about on this list. Given
>the array of talent at the convention, a question that I've
>considered for some time may be answered; namely is it
>possible to play baroque music convincingly on the chromatic?

>My guess is probably not. However I would gladly welcome the
>chance to be shown otherwise at the SPAH convention.

snip