Re: [Harp-L] re: reverb and delay

Regarding the Midiverb vs Nanoverb question, I'll add that the thd of the Nanoverb is double that of the Midiverb. The frequency range of the Midiverb is also wider although only on the lower end of the frequency range but it's also rated a lot more conservatively. The input impedance of the Midiverb is a lot higher, 1M which isn't enough for a crystal mic but way better than the 220 ohms of the Nanoverb and a difference that would make express itself sonicly with a 520 D Shure. The sampling frequency of the Nanoverb is lower than than the 48k of the Midiverb. The sum total of all of the differences is a much higher fidelity effect.

Shopping mail order isn't anything new. The interface has changed as have the means of delivery, no more Wells Fargo Wagons. We're not leafing through Sears Roebuck catalogues anymore but really shopping long distance is a time honored tradition. Many people have limited resources in terms of both time and money I understand their wanting to suss out the situation before heading out the door and trying something out. Of course now that I say that I realise I bought my Midiverb from Rainbow Guitars here locally and short of a Harp Commander I'd likely buy almost any other effect I could find new from them too. Realise that there is value in buying the wrong thing. My first amp was a dreadful small Yamaha thing that was solid state but easy to carry. fjm