[Harp-L] effects honker mic

I have never used an effects device but, it sounds intresting. I have found
that when the band i'm in (the mudcats) play quiet, almost never, I can hear
what i'm playing. I find that my tounge, lip, and whatever arrangement plus
intensity of breath allows me to find tones usually unavailable. This is a
wide range of tonal expression that I wonder if an effects device would keep
me from exploring. I bought a Honker mic and have had good success with it.
The box has a clean-dirty setting but, I leave it at the cleanest setting. I
plug it straight into my red knob twin and don"t have any feedback problems.
The gain setting is way down and no prescence or reverb turned on, mid half
way and bass about 6 to 7. I was wondering if anyone out there has used an
Honker mike or used one with a delay device?
              Jim French