[Harp-L] What's the latest on the effects impedance issue?

Hi folks, my band's new-effect-a-month guitarist has
me wondering whether I shouldn't invest in a pedal or
two to use with my favorite crystal mic/tweed amp rig,
but when I've tried effects pedals and racks in the
past, I've been disappointed.  Seems to take the
thickness out of the mic'd sound.  I've read here that
this is because of an impedance issue, that these
devices are not optimized for microphones,
particularly those with crystal elements.  I'm aware
of two solutions, a build-it-yourself circuit designed
by Mike Curtis and a pricey device sold by Kinder
Music.  Are there other solutions now?  What if
anything do you Boss DM-2 users do about this for
instance?  Thanks.  John Thaden