[Harp-L] traditional harp

I was having fun last night, butchering a beautiful Fleetwood Mac tune in front
of many happy dancers, playing all these high notes. I realized to most of the
kids coming up, Fleetwood Mac would be old traditional music.

I grew up with the second generation of blues. I found out about Lightning
Hopkins and Muddy Waters by listening to the Grateful Dead and the Rolling
Stones. Now here's a whole generation where they're influenced by Public Enemy
which brings them to the traditional music of Afrikkaa Bambata and Run DMC.
This leads to some intersting conjecture about what kids are going to come up
with in the next few years. If you think John Popper is a long way from Little
Walter, wait until we get kids on harp influenced by the old traditional music
of Rob Zombie.

I can't wait.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com