[Harp-L] Re: Reverb v Delay

I never liked reverb with harp, I think it is best with guitar & vocals. I
learned by watching the late William Clark to use a Boss DM-2 analogue delay
pedal. It adds a depth to the tone that I like to use maybe 70% of the time.
Because its a stomp box, it is easy to switch it in and out during a gig as needed.

I must respectfully disagree with those who see effects as a crutch.

To me, there are many ways in which the ultimate sound gets shaped. There are
of course those *before* the sound waves leave the back end of the harp which
are of utmost importance (resonance, breathing, embrochure, vibrato, etc.).
In some ways, even the choice of harp is an effect.

There are also very important 'effects' that players use anywhere *after* the
sound waves leave the back of the harp, including mic cupping or hand
effects, microphone choice, mic cord, effect boxes (delays, and others some -not me-
use like Octave pedals, reverb, etc.), then the amp itself (I consider using a
tube amp an effect, because it colors the sound). Then of course the PA and
various settings also provide effects.

If money (and size & weight) were no object, I'd use an old tube Echoplex for
delay. But I find the Boss DM-2 analogue delay compact and great sounding and
built like a tank.

Andy Vincent