[Harp-L] Re: reverb v. delay

Obviously everyone has their own opinions on this matter, but I'm rather surprised to see that more folks here on the L seem to prefer digital delay to 'verb. Maybe I'm just a dinosaur, but personally I have never heard any sort of digital delay that didn't sound electronic, artificial, cheesy or tinny. Granted, I'm also no fan of chorus, flange or other digital effects -- too sanitized and formulaic for my tastes.

On the other hand I wouldn't be caught dead playing (or singing) without some sort of reverb -- ideally plate 'verb but I'll settle for a Fender outboard tank. Even in live 'acoustic' settings (albeit with mics,) I find a touch of reverb to be downright essential for both vocal and harp.

All just my humble opinion of course -- your mileage may vary.

cheers from a curmudgeonly reverb fanatic,
Tom Ball