RE: [Harp-L] European harp customizers

Hi
I came across the name of Anthony Danneker on the web - can any one give me a positive or negative review of his harps?
Alternatively - can anyone recommend other good European harp customizers?
Thanks
Hammer

My experience with Antony is limited but FWIW he made up two low D SP20s for me which he Paddy Richtered and retuned to equal temperament. I'm not quite sure what other tweaking he does but the harps have extra screws for airtightness and the gapping was exactly matched to the playing I told him I did. They are superb harps and he charged me very little more than the shop price - incredible (mind you, the shop prices in the UK are much higher than in the US). He deals only with Hohner harps and he don't do 12-hole diatonics. If you have specific requirements I recommend that you speak to him on the phone so as to make your needs clear.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm