[Harp-L] Re: That gurgling/snoring sound

Hi Dave,
     It could be that while you move your tongue
back to make a bend, you don't follow the contour of
the roof of your mouth with your tongue as you pull
it all the way back. What happens is that you skip
past, or miss the point where the bend occurs and go
straight to the soft pallet where the snore sound
happens. I hope this helps you.
                        . . . Keith

Dave Murray wrote:

Perhaps some of you will have some ideas on how I
can fix a problem with my playing. Sometimes when
I'm draw bending notes I get an annoying,
raspy,gurgling, snoring sound. It seems like the
choke/air restriction in my throat goes from too
closed to too open so I'm chattering around the
pitch that I'm trying to achieve. I don't know if
it's just because of my pallet, my snoring is a good
simulation of a motocross race, or it's just a
matter of technique. Have any of you had to deal
with this issue? How?