[Harp-L] Harp-L saves the day

 Thanks Ellis,

Your message was very helpful. I am adding a message I just sent to
Elizabeth. She sent a detailed explanation to me that helped for much. She
and I E-mail each other once in awhile. I was about ready to go order a new
Super 64. Though the help of Harp-L I have revived 3 chromatics.

Dear Elizabeth,

I am very pleased with your advice regarding my beloved Super 64. I just did
'harmonica surgery' this morning and it works great. When I originally
opened up my harmonica a few days ago, those little spacers just seemed to
be floating around inside. The funny thing is that I was trying to get them
to work with the screws that hold on the front and back plates. Since I am
more or less anonymous to you, I will admit that laughable mistake. I also
received help from Ellis Brayham.

I took another chromatic from my harmonica graveyard and took it apart and
washed it down and lo and behold....it works just fine. I have 3 little
diatonics in my harp surgery waiting room. I will work on them another day.
I have an elderly friend who is gifted on the harmonica. His broke down
years ago and he doesn't want to spend to buy a new one. I hope he will
accept one of my back up chromatics. When I took them apart, I cleaned them
carefully. I am so happy that I have given new life to 3 chromatics. Thanks
again.

Regards,

Repair woman Gail