[Harp-L] My new gig, toys, effects? and SPAH

Been a while since I posted..hope all of you are well!

I recently was asked to join a band that I have been sitting in with on
occasion. "Soul Sensation" is the band, and we are based in Suffolk County
here on Long Island, NY. Yes I said we 'cause I am all in baby! The mix is
soul, classic rock & blues. The lead singer is a gal named Karen and she is
the best female vocalist I have ever heard live. Incredible range and
feel..everything from Joplin, Etta James, Sue Tedesci, Marvin  Gaye, Van
Morrison, Otis Redding  and more. The jaws drop when she opens her mouth!  I
am having a blast but surely paying the price for my lack of intense
practice!  The line-up is bass, drums, guitar, lead vocals and now harp. I
am working hard on concepts discussed here on harp-l...working out keyboard
and horn parts and my favorite.violin style licks. Time for me to kick it in
gear and finally take the plunge into more positions as well as some
chromatic too!  I need to put on my Sponge Pants when I hit Kansas City next
month for SPAH! I need to soak in all the flavors and inspiration that will
be flowing 24/7! I am looking forward to being one of Buzz 's relief squad
for the jam-master position. We had a great chat a few weeks ago.what a
great dude.one of the highlights of my first SPAH in Dallas was meeting and
spending some moments with Buzz.

On the subject of toys I am really loving my new Sonny JR Four-Ten..I still
haven't scratched the surface of what it can do.but I can tell you.the man
stands behind his product 100%...he answers all of my silly questions with
zero delay. I have also had the pleasure of recently doing business with Dr.
Testoster-Tone.. Dennis O'. He set me up with a sweet Turner that works well
with the amp. Another class guy that I can't wait to meet in Kansas City.

On the subject of effects..who is using chorus in their sound? What pedal(s)
do you prefer? In the past I have used a little chorus to fatten the sound
on ballads and such. I know effects have been discussed from time to time
here. If anybody has any suggestions/recommendations that I might
incorporate for the new gig.fire away please.

So if any of y'all are in my neck of the woods please come check out the new
gig! I can use the encouragement and pointers from you pro's in the
neighborhood. Soul Sensation..playing every Saturday and Sunday from now
'til Labor Day in Port Jefferson on the upper deck at Papa Joes (formerly
the Dockside) This Thursday night at the Mill House in Yaphank. Also the
last Thursday of the month at Paula Jeans in East Setauket. Great gig last
Friday at the Brick House Brewery in Patchogue.another one coming soon.

Kansas City Baby.goin' to Kansas City.Kansas City here I come! Look forward
to seeing old friends and making some new ones!

Rock on Harp-L

Warren Bee