Re: [Harp-L] HAMMOND HA-20 = SUZUKI Promaster?

Eric DUMINIL wrote:
> I bought a "HAMMOND mouth organ HA-20 made by Suzuki, Japan"
> and I was just wondering if that was a Promaster :

Yes, the Hammond Mouth Organ is identical to the Suzuki Promaster
MR350, except with a black anodized comb and black enameled cover
plates.

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/other/harmonica/suzuki/ha-20.htm
http://www.hammondonmymind.dk/Orgelinfo/hammond_mouth_organ.htm

> Can I use the same replacement reeds? Can I put valved ones?

Reed plates are interchangable with the Promaster, including the
valved promaster plates.  I've thought about mixing and matching
some of my Hammonds and Promasters, putting the chromed covers on
the black comb, etc.  Purely for aesthetic effect!

> What can I do to avoid the "moustache grabbing" effect?

I've never experienced this with Suzukis, the full-length covers
don't seem prone to this.  But then, I keep my facial hair pretty
short.

-tim