Re: [Harp-L] listening to non harp music

<< It has been said by several people on the list that you can learn a lot from
listening to non harp music. I watched a special on PBS on Louis Armstrng. Love
that style of blues. Love his attack and his articulation, and his phrasing. So
I was working on getting that crisp attack that Louis does so well. Almost by
accident, my vibrato went from a choppy ugly sound into smooth and clear. I
started working lower down the throat. Cool. Still wish I could get even a
small fraction of Louis' musicianship.

Rainbow Jimmy>>

Same here. The three Louis (Armstrong, Prima and Jordan) have been repeated listening for me these last few years. I just wish I had more time to practice...

Ben FELTEN
http://harmonica.typepad.com