[Harp-L] Favorite Brand/Model of Diatonic?

---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Chris Otto <ottoranch@xxxxxxxxx>Date: Jul 14, 2005 8:29 AMSubject: Re: [Harp-L] Favorite Brand/Model of Diatonic?To: CHARLES BASSI <jeanchar50@xxxxxxx>

On 7/12/05, CHARLES BASSI <jeanchar50@xxxxxxx> wrote:> Aside from using altered tunings, which may be available in one brand/model> and not another of diatonic,> do you harpers find it best to stick to one brand/model> of harmonica?> I
I am a big fan of Bushman harps.  I like the Delta Frost for itswonderful tone and responsiveness.  The Phosphor-bronze reed platesmake it sound a little different than most harps on the market andpersonally, I really like the sound.
I like the Soul's Voice for how it plays.  It responds well to theslightest whisper or when I play hard.  Since they sound great whenplayed hard or soft, they are great for acoustic jams when you need toplay a little harder to be heard.  They are very responsive in theupper end and play blow bends and overblows better than any otherout-of-the-box harp I have played.  They also last longer than anyother harp for me.
I especially like the Bushman's dedication to customer service.  Theyare more dedicated to making their customers happy than any other harpcompany I have dealt with.  They offer 30-day warranties, cheapreplacement reed plates, and harps in more tunings than any otherbrand I know (the soul's voice ranges from low low F to high G and hasall the natural and harmonic minor keys….The Delta Frost is availablein equal or just intonation).
I have become such a big fan of bushman harps that I created a websitededicated to them and harp info in general www.bushmanrocks.com
--Chris Otto