re/[Harp-L] Do you move your mouth or your harp?(pain in the neck)

>I think it was Sonny Boy Williamson who said something to the effect
that if
>you move your harp when you're playing and not your mouth on the harp,
you're not playing.  I can't find the exact quote but the essence is
>that
the best way to play is to hold the harp in the same position and move your
>mouth over the holes.  That's the way I play...but not exactly.  I'll
move
>the harp ends up or down depending upon how much I'm getting into it
and
>what I'm trying to do, but I'll never move it side to side.
I'm curious if any of you play harp by moving it side to side with your
head
>stationary or close to it at least.

I have always played with the harp as stationary as I could, baisically cos it was just easier for me to do, especially when holding a mic. It has always been easier for me to do trills and stuff that way, but lately I've been experiencing some neck pain and soreness after I do this too much i.e. after playing something like Big Walter's "Easy". So lately I have been training myself to rely moreso on my hands.
 Or maybe I should just get a better pillow.

-Steve
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=8029715&Mytoken=20050714002047