RE: [Harp-L] re: diatonic harp choice

The first time I picked up a Lee Oskar and played it, I fell in love.
That's all I play now and they last for years.  I play hard and I have to
admit I don't take much care with them.  But they last and last and they
always sound great to my ears.

The only problem I've ever had was on a couple of my minor key harps.  I had
a dead reed and got some replacement reeds, but each replacement sounded
like crap.  So I bit the bullet and bought new harps...and as usual they
sounded great.  I guess I'm not a very good reed replacer.

That all said, I'm interested in trying out some of the newer great harps
out there to see what the current state of the art is.  Maybe I'll try the
LaVoie titanium comb.

Robert Gaustad