[Harp-L] bassman

I can't help but chime in whenever Bob makes that statement about leaving a
bassman alone preamp tube wise. That is ONE setup, whether original or not, it
is a locked in sound, and only one possibility out of 81 variations that are
possible with 3 preamp tubes, 4 gain stages. So until someone else does the
research like I have, for 3 years, with all the tube lineups, biasing
possibilities, and have 100 tremendously satisfied customers who believe in my system,
one person's opinion is just that, one person's opinion, just like this is mine.
Finding that great original bassman with the broken in speakers will cost you
5 - 6K, and they ALL Sound Different, so good luck. I happen to have
thousands of amp owners worldwide so it is not just my opinion I base my replies on.
As far as another amp companies inabilities, contact the amp company, if it was
my amp, I am available. I also do not agree with the issue of both volume
controls being completely interactive, unless they are bridged with a cable. It
is only a very slight change when adjusting bright volume on an original
bassman, yes I have owned my share of completely non touched ones, and loved them,
so when I built a product that was so extremely close to the original, yet more
versatile and tone friendly, yes I am passionate about ideas.. I have at
least 25 customers with original bassmans dead stock and they will all testify my
amp for harp with its tube configurations sounds better than the original. So
any day someone wants to schedule and come by with their original bassman and
A/B them with mine, I am open to it. I have guys coming from up and down the
east coast all the time. This really is a crazy situation, if guys get the
chance, check out Sugar Ray Norica, or Westside Andy, two Pro players who are
using a 410 with not stock bassman tube setup, it is all subjective, but my goal
was to give the best overall tone and volume, AND all the possibities in the
detailed 12 page manual, where a person can decide for themselves, and be able
to dial in any mic, without just being stuck with stock setup that may feedback
too much for them, or they don;t like. At least with the knowledge they can
try something else and understand what they are doing. Good luck to all.