From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of backbender1
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 8:38 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] RE: Augusta? - Jam Camp? - where should I go?

I agree with most of what Larry says, but again have to point out that the
Jon Gindick Jam Camps do not cater only to the beg/int level. They cater to
whatever level is present. The bigger group classes will be more geared for
beg/int level, to not leave anyone out, but a lot of time is spent on
smaller groups and one-on-ones.

When I get beginners trying to bend notes for the first time, we spend time
one-on-one and get that done. When I have students working on traditional
Chicago style, or tongue-blocking bends or overblows, I spend time
one-on-one and get that done.  There is a big gap there from bending your
first note all the way to positions, theory and advanced TB techniques that
are covered per the individuals needs. Hats off to Jon for finding a
user-friendly way to get it all covered!

I did have some magical moments at Augusta, and also had some at Jam Camp,
at SPAH and at Buckeye too...and look forward to many more this year...

Thaks for listening.

-Dennis Gruenling
www.dennisgruenling.com