[Harp-L] Augusta? - Jam Camp? - where should I go?

Hi -

I've been getting some emails asking me to compare
Augusta Blues Week and the Jon Gindick Jam Camps I
have been teaching at.

I have not been at Augusta in a long time, but it did
leave an impression on me from years ago. The late
night jam sessions, meeting great folks, the afternoon
& evening group classes (with Charlie Sayles when I
was there)....all made for a great learning experience
and lots of fun at the same time. I'm sure regular
Augustaners can attest to how much they get out of
Blues Week, which is a week running I believe from
Sunday (meet/greet & a concert) through the following
Friday night. I can't wait to go next week!

At Jam Camp, it is a full weekend (Fri/Sat/Sun), and
you also meet great folks, have fun jamming in the
evening through the night (maybe not until 3AM, but
then again, you may be up earlier listening to a group
talk), and also get a chance to have personalized
one-on-one lessons with at least one of the coaches,
and jam with a guitar player and later a whole band
that will perform with you at the end of the wekend.

It is a unique opportunity, not only for the
one-on-one instruction, but to get a crash course on
working and playing with a live band alone with these
coaches is worth the price of admission. Couple that
with techniques from clear single note playing to
tongue blocking overblows (and everything in between)
and you walk away with instruction & inspiration to
play for months.

I teach with Jon because I believe in what he does,
and he is an effective teacher, besides being a great
human being. It should also be said I have found the
staff at Augusta to be very friendly, and the
instructors are great.

They are both great deals, and offer great things for
harp players of all levels. However they are
different, and I have been getting the impression that
people think the Jam Camps are just for beginners.

-Dennis Gruenling
www.dennisgruenling.com

Sell on Yahoo! Auctions ? no fees. Bid on great items.
http://auctions.yahoo.com/