RE: [Harp-L] the music in you

Richard is correct again and thanks for highlighting that comment
Gary.

The best way I've learned to be able to play what I hear on my
harmonica is to not play the harmonica for a while.  I made my
biggest leap when I moved from MN to AZ and did play a note for
nearly two years.  I focused on other music listening and
instruments.  When I came back to the harmonica I realized that
nearly all of my old patterns were broken. Playing what I heard in my
head seemed really easy because I almost had to relearn the harmonica.

Yes, my chops were way down but within a few weeks they all came back
and today they are better and more fluid than ever.  I can play
alomost anything I can think and my playinhg is no longer locked into
positions, harp key or patterns.

One exercise I currently use is to start scatting a line and mid-way
through I finish with the harmonica.  The goal is to make your mind
and your instrument perform as one unit.  That's music, that's true
creation and true sharing knowledge with the cosmos.

Not being able to hear anything is another thing and another post but
to start you need to be at ease and clear your mind.