Re: [Harp-L] speedy harp players

From: Cara Cooke <cyberharp@xxxxxxxxx>

>Check my recording links on
>www.cyberharp.isonfire.com<http://www.cyberharp.isonfire.com>to see if
>I qualify for your little project. I play a lot of bluegrass -- at
>the same tempos usually as the fiddler and banjo player -- so I am speedy. I
>do not know if your study group would be interested in bluegrass, though,
>given the players you have already mentioned. If they are also interested in
>bluegrass, then you may want to look into Tony Eyers in Australia or James
>Conway (who plays Irish music) or Winslow Yerxa (Irish) or Rick Epping of
>Hohner Harmonica. There are a few Irish and bluegrass harmonica players who
>are speedy when we need to be. Regardless, add Mike Stevens and Howard Levy
>to your list of speedy players.
> Cara Cooke
>www.cyberharp.isonfire.com <http://www.cyberharp.isonfire.com>

very interesting point. I was looking for speedy harp players, but the
whole bluegrass style demands such an hability to play fast... so
sometimes does irish music players, as you said.

I´ll research a little bit these names. If you don´t mind, I would ask
you to send me some samples of yours playing fast (off-list of course)
and I would like to make you some questions (off list too). If you
don´t mind, of course.

Thanks

[]

Kenji