[Harp-L] Victoria 45410-T: some tube etc. advice needed

I have a Victoria 45410-T on trial here.Nice amp,nice tone.And it seems to be working (unlike Fender Bassman LTD I have here too as some of you may remember,thanks for everybody for their help on that matter!)

45410-T has 12AY7-12AX7-12AX7 preamp tubes and I feel two AX7s are a bit too much.Any suggestions which tube combinations to try?
I'm thinking maybe 12AY7-12AX7-12AU7.

Another question: BASS knob doesn't seem to be doing anything to the sound and TREBLE seems to work as TONE knob (adds bass when turned up).Is this OK,as it should be on 45410-T?
I'm aware that all knobs are related to each other,more or less and it is the combination that counts.I'm using Shure 520DX mostly,CAD HM50 feedbacks like crazy.
And one more: how to get a stuck preamp tube cover (that protects the tube inside the amp) out? It is STUCK HARD.

Thanks again!

v-p