[Harp-L] A harp issue AND bassman fuses

- worth checking filter caps and bypass caps if fuses are blowing, as they might be passing juice to earth. Any obvious cracks or leaks on the cases/ends? Something somewhere is likely earthing & prob. getting hot when it shouldn't. Then do power valve swaps, then preamp valve swaps - they can short out internally, 6L6s especially like to do that; sometimes you can see a black patch of carbon inside the glass or on the plates. Have a look at the pcb for arcs etc. Any wiring shorting to the chassis? Have a look at *everything* for burnt stuff. NB power resistors often burn because the next filter cap down the line is shorting and pulling too much juice through them.

And... Thanks everyone for the advice on the A harp. Such helpful guys. I got the old Muddy/LW stuff out as advised and heard just where I was going wrong. Those big scorching single notes have to be the answer in 2nd pos, with a bit more mid also. Do me good to stop falling back on the old breathe-in-breathe-out chordal routine so much. I will also have another go at 3rd pos - just cos I can't play Christo Redemtor doesn't mean I should give it up altogether now does it.

Love to all,
Steve