From: Dave Murray <dlmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: icemanle@xxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:47:18 -0700
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Who decides who is Bad or Good?

From: <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
> A good player will involve the listeners, taking them on some type of > musical journey.
>
> A good player is one that, after having been heard, leaves a desire in the > listener to hear him/her again.
>
> A good player plays from the level he/she is currently at and plays it > from the heart as well as head.
>
> A good player is happy with the way that they play in the moment. If there > is room for improvement, a good player acknowledges this without > guilt/regret and does his/her homework to improve.

That's a keeper. Although I'm not a good enough player to be a pimple on the hind end of most of you, I'd like to chime in on this. Something we might all be able to relate to (change the gender if it's you preference) is our taste in women. Far too many people have an idealized notion of what looks good in them that has been sold to them by others; Barbie, shaped like a 14 year old boy with a big chest. Women mess up their health, men ignore the girl with the fat bottom and crooked teeth. Too bad! We don't have to sound like LW, or any other of our favorite icons. Iceman, your post goes in my keeper file.

Peace and music,
Dave