[Harp-L] For the Chosen Who-new Rod Piazza Mighty Flyers CD

I was listening to the CD again for the third time. I would describe it as
authentic deeply rooted soulful, vintage grease that feels so real it is
frightening. Hell, Rod is playing acoustic Sonny Boy I on one cut. There is
a gospel feel to some of the tracks.

Although I really enjoyed the more rollicking blues party atmosphere of
Keeping It Real, this one reaches out to the other blues audience that is
more roots oriented and shows how versatile The Flyers really are. The
Flyers have performed like this before. I can think of dozens of songs
interspersed during their performances that demonstrate a deep respect for
the roots. It is just that this album emphasizes that aspect of the pre-war
blues, and post war early R& B.

Dennis Gruenling will be interested to hear Rod's interpretation of
Shoestring that is done in D on the chromatic then G harp in second and D
harp in third.

This is a fine album with a very interesting DVD that takes you into the
studio.

I'm going back for my fourth.

Doc

Dennis B. Alters, MD

Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology

Diplomate, American Board of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Neurology