Re: [Harp-L] Honey Tone and other portable amps

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Shaw"
<moorcot@xxxx> wrote:

> I'm looking for something much smaller for
> travelling around with, e.g. on my upcoming trip to
Australia.  I realise
> you can't be TOO demanding at this level, but I
definitely want a volume
> control.  So far it's Honeytone vs Smokey vs minivox
AC1.....

> Steve

Hi Steve,

    i have a Smokey amp... somewhere... and i think
it's going to be too distorted for your kind of
playing. if you wanted to emulate what Papa George
Lightfoot would sound like from 30 feet away, then
maybe. as Froggy mentioned, it has no tone controls,
no drive control, no volume control. the sound, imo,
is great, but it pretty much has one dimension -
dirty. I haven't tried a HoneyTone yet. i haven't
needed one since i have a Hog20 (don't think you want
to haul that around), but G has more info about them
on his amplified site.

    --Jp