[Harp-L] Re: John Nemeth - METEOR AMPS

Thanks Boogie. As always, I appreciate the comments.

I'm going to give a little info here. I have gotten quite a few e-mails requesting info so I figure I'll do a blanket response
on the particulars and I'll get back to those who e-mailed on other questions.

The Meteor is a 50 watt harp amp. This is not a re-designed guitar amp by any stroke of the imagination. You can
turn it up and be VERY loud or turn it down and play very softly and have great tone both ways. The setup is
4 - 6V6 power tubes, 3 - 12AY7 preamp tubes & a 5AR4 rectifier. The amp has 3 weber speakers. The top 2 are
10" alnico's that are voiced differently. One is mid rangy and the other more trebly. On the bottom is a big 12"
alnico that produces huge bottom end response. The actual amp chassis (with the tubes and transformers) is
mounted on the bottom of the cab and the control's are up top. The control panel is reminescent of a 59 Bassman
in the way that it's cut into the top. However, it's in the front of the amp instead of the back (I never stand behind my
amp when I play) and the pilot and 2 inputs wrap down between the 2-10" speakers. There are 2 channels that are similar
in sound but the second is much more compressed and has the meat knob. AHHH, the meat knob.......  This baby is like
a volume knob but it actually increases the bottom end. Not the frequency (like turning up the bass), the actual
VOLUME of the bottom end. This is great to get the bottom end cutting through the mix.

This is just a little tidbit of info. If you have specific questions please feel free to e-mail me at meteoramps@xxxxxxxxxxxx
or call me at (315) 696-8570. The current price on the Meteor is $1550.00 plus shipping and the lead time is 2 to 3 weeks.
Orders are picking up so the lead time may change but I can let you know that when the time comes. You can also
see a picture and the spec's of the amp at meteoramps.com .  This site is temporary until my web page design is
complete but It gives the photo and general info.

Thanks,
Scooter

  Just a note on Scooter's amps that are being referred to here by Fangtian32.  The Meteor.  I was out of gigging for a couple of years due to prostate cancer and it's complications.  In getting back going again, I've been searching for a solid rig and ended up with a couple of amps I am pleased with.  In that search, I bought a Meteor from Scooter.  I've been gigging with it about a month now and my expectations have been exceeded about the sound being produced by this amp.

  Instead of spending money on an amp trying to get it optimized, take the package offered by Scooter.  You will be money and time ahead.  I will promise you that the sound of this amp is beyond what most of us can accomplish on our own tweaking amps.

  Several times already I have had other musicians from bands I know come to my gig and comment on the amp itself.  Common denominators are: the right amount of distortion, warmth, bass response and cut.  It is 50 watts that can be turned down and still sound great.

  I have had all the amps a person could want including Bassman, Twin, Harvard, Champ, Super Reverb, SJ1, SJ2 and etc.  All were very good harp amps at the end of the day.  I am proud to say that I owned them at one time or another.  The Twin and Harvard will remain.  However, this Meteor is the best of the lot in my opinion.   I forgot, I have a Kalamazoo 2 on loan to my grandson.  Anyone with grandsons will know why he ended up with the Kalamazoo over the Twin and Harvard.

  I bought the Meteor sort of cold.  I had a couple of good reports back from other owners, but it was a leap of faith for the most part.  I figured it would end up on Ebay if it was a bust.  Don't be as hesitant as I was.  This amp is for real.  If you are in the market for an amp; this is the one to get.

  For information about the Meteor, contact Scooter at 10hole@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Great amp builder and nice person to deal with after the sale as well.  I would say some other nice things about the amp, but I'm not getting paid for it so I'm cutting it short.

  Boogie