Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Runaway

tom ball wrote:

Hi Rik,

The solo is a series of eight licks using F, Eb, Db, and C harps in that order. You run through 'em twice. Most of them start on a 2 draw.

The licks themselves are not particularly difficult -- no overblows. All are in 2nd position. The difficult part is to do it live (and up-to-speed) without faltering or dropping a harp. I saw Norton do it live on TV once with Bonnie -- he put the four harps between the fingers of one hand. Pretty impressive...

Wow, I'll have to listen to this track, which I'm sadly ignorant of. In our little band, I just started doing a harp switch for a song that goes from Em to C on the bridge, and switching between 2 harps is still a pretty clumsy moment for this novice. Can't even imagine doing 4!