Fw: [Harp-L] Shure 858 PE and 585S AV

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Maglinte" <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <larryboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Shure 858 PE and 585S AV

----- Original Message ----- From: <larryboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 9:27 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Shure 858 PE and 585S AV

Mike Fugazzi writes:

...anyone know the difference between a Shure 585 PE and a Shure
585S AV? I think the latter actually has a volume knob, whereas the first has
just an on off. Thanks

8<<<<<<<<
Hi Mike...........Here is a website of discontinued Shure products. Its useful
for researching old mics. The 585S AV indeed has a volume control.
Unfortunately the 585 PE is not listed, but I think you are correct about the
on/off switch.

www.shure.com/datasheets/guides-discontinued.html

Best Regards to All,
(even He who cannot be named)

Larry Boy Pratt
www.parkhousejam.com

Hi,
The 585 with just an on/off switch was also known as a PE58, and I recall this when I could buy them brand new while still in production during the 70's.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com