[Harp-L] RE: Pro Jam amateur- discouraging

Peter sez;
<<I've practiced every day of the three years. And I don't feel like I could go to jam, get with a group of musicians.....and play or improvise....and sound good.>>

Short cut to signing up for jamming.

Learn to play grooves. Reinforce and strengthen the groove.

My approach evolved into "The Church of the Sacred Hut-tah Hut-tah", taught at workshops and Augusta Heritage.

The word "Hut-tah", when phoneticised correctly and breathed through the harmonica inhale and exhale, will serve as a shuffle groove for lots of blues played in this style.

If you bring nothing more than this to a jam, you will be welcomed to the stage. If you are not ready to solo, don't. Breathe the groove like a rhythm guitar; understated, yet present.

Playing along with other musicians in this sense is certainly accessible to Peter Wright at his level and to most of you listers. Most importantly, it will bridge that gap and involve you with real time involvement with other players.

The Iceman