RE: [Harp-L] blues jams and John Kally

Long ago, my guitarist used to insist on having harmonica wars whenever
he spotted a Gus in the audience with a harp. That kind of display is
only beneficial to the band, or venue insiders, and never to the poor
schlub who accepts the challenge.

That is completely opposite behaviour of how I would be now if ever
again in the same role. I'd rather let a newbie string themselves on out
playing, than crush one these days. I never was part of a greater harp
community until last year - and I don't think highly of the practice of
"harmonica wars" anymore - especially in public.

Being on this list, and having met some of the top players, I see that
they hold an entirely different world view of new players.