Re: [Harp-L] Jam cheering sections...

"Bry Thomas" <baddaddy_46@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do you ever notice participants bringing "cheering sections" with them that
> encourage them to take over and blow regardless of what the tune calls for?

while i might like for my family to see me, i haven't brought anyone since
i started playing in my local jam.  i don't need the distraction.  the way i see
it, i'm there to work on stuff, to ask lots of questions from the other musicians,
and to learn as much as i can.  attending to an audience, whether i'm on stage
or not, cuts into the very limited time i have (a few hours a week) to do those
things.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.