[Harp-L] re: before a gig

I try to woodshed hard a few days before the gig. I always try to play a bit
just before the gig to warm up. It takes me awhile to get all the pieces in
place, the diaphram, the loose jaw, get psyched up. I usually have a beer
before the first set and a cup of coffee before the second set. Some deep
breathing. Some stretches.

If I practice, it doesn't matter how I feel when I get on stage, I can still
play competently even if I'm not psyched. New Year's Eve I went cross country
skiing, got a little turned around and wound up skiing for 3 hours just before
the gig. Man I was wiped. I had a hard time standing up all night.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm