[Harp-L] new, fun thread! braces...

My teeth are now, and always have been, rather crooked.  Now that I'm
"well off" (read old enough to pay for it myself!), I've been thinking
about braces...again.

When at my cleaning last week the Dentist mentioned about those new
thingies called "Invisalign".  I like the no metal in the mouth cutting up
things part, especially now that I'm sort of a little OK playing a harp.

Now for the question, do any of you have any experience with having your
teeth straightened *after* learning to play the harmonica?  What I'm
concerned about is that I would need to re-learn how to play, do those
fun 2 and 3 draw bends (that I am only now barely able to do passably
after two years), etc.  I know it will change my mouth cavity, which
would change my sound (maybe for the better!).

These "braces" are more like retainers, and can be removed to eat, brush,
etc., as well as play harmonica, if need be, and the process will probably
take less than two years.

I await the plethora of stellar wisdom that I'm sure will stuff my
mailbox later today!

Thanks.

jaime