[Harp-L] Re:Chromatic problem

Hi Gordon, once again,

thanks for your reply. I`m glad to see that you correctly have understood
my joking remarking about your "it seems that ..."

Of course, Richmond is in Virginia. A couple of years ago I made a trip
along the East coast of US with the family and we also passed Richmond.

Apropos, Virginia. I looked to my DVD on the "Battle of Gettysburg" a lot
of times and don´t forget the battle cry of the Confederates  "Virginiaaaa".
I mixed Virginia with Ohio because of the Crown Palace Hotel in Detroit
where the SPAH conventions took place several times.

Well, I thought over your problem of noticing an uneven volume of your 280
but couldn´t find an explanation until you wrote:

< I am also lookin' to hire a backup set of lungs to play those bottom 4
holes).>

Ahaaah, it´s the low octave, that makes sense. The first octave of a 16-holer

is always problematic by some reasons. These reeds need so-called
pending weights and because of their length they must have relative big
off-sets to start the vibration. The result of all these conditions is that
you
can`t play with "full power" like the higher octaves. Therefore, the volume
is
less than the other 3 octaves. You can only balance this playing shortage by
using an amp. But then you have to pay attention when playing the higher
octaves.

You see, to play a 16-holer is a little more difficult than to handle a
12-holer.
Why do you think is Toots exclusively playing his Mellow Tone?

Find a satisfying solution to play Carlie Parker.

Keep on chromin`

Siegfried