[Harp-L] Chromatic problem

The spring on my Hohner 64 (280) broke today before band practice. I am wondering if it is time to send it to a customizer. I like the harp..but the volume seems uneven..especially there is a sharp difference  between the lower 4 holes and the rest of the harp..Would a customizer make a dramatic difference? Who should I send it to?  I can also run over to Hohner (1mile from here) and get it fixed quickly...Either way I am going to need a backup. Any sugestions or hints would be appreciated. We are getting into Miles Davis, Charlie Parker etc., and I need a harp that plays reasonably well.

Thanks,

Gordon
Joyner Fine Properties

www.elainegraham.com