[Harp-L] re: individual Huang's?/Mama's Boys?/Suzuki

Am still considering getting some Huang's. However, i've been having difficulty finding online sellers offereing them for individual sale. The 12 key case, no problem, but i've only found Elderly Instruments (Michigan) and Denis Farley (eBay) who sell them by the harp. Anyone have any ideas on sites? Id like to try out a couple of Silvertone's and Star Perf. before being possibly stuck with a full set of harps I might not like.

Interesting to read about the Mama's Boys. I had previously checked out their cd's on www.cdbaby.com. In listening to the audio clips, it hit me that they sounded about as similar to the Red Devils as anything i've heard since. Not copying, just that style and sound. After going to their site, it was interesting to see that Johnny had been in some Lester Butler tributes, etc. Which of their cd's would anyone recommend? $12.97 on www.cdbaby isn't that bad. Has anybody ordered from them before? Wonder what cdbaby's s&h is? So far, I like the clips from the M.B. "Pinch The Snake" cd the best...

Managed to try a couple of Suzuki's. A store about an hour from here had a bunch of Folkmaster's and on Bluesmaster. Their prices were pretty high but I noticed a sign that said they would meet (or beat) any internet or catalog price. I asked if they were kidding and they (of course) said no. Well, I mentioned the Harp House price, but didn't have my catalog with me. The guy said he'd never heard of them, but they had the Musician's Friend catalog on hand in case anyone tries to ask them for a lower price. He couldn't find Suzuki's in it, but met me halfway between his asking price and what I told him H.H. sells them for, he muttered something about s&h, etc. and rang up the sale. I needed a Bb so that's the Folkmaster I bought. The only Bluesmaster was an A, so...
I much prefer the Folkmaster. Sound, feel, just about everything. Don't care much for the Bluesmaster at all, at least in A. Other than the Hering Vintage (I have a C) the Folkmaster has come the closest to feeling like a harp that was designed for me. I know they are relatively cheap, but i'm looking for the lowest price, out of the box harp that still can sound like (even with my relatively poor intermediate playing skill) the sounds I prefer, which right now is acoustic since I don't have a mic and until I get a lot better probably won't spend the money on one.

Been listening to a lot of Snooky Pryor lately. Love that sound...

Sincerely,

Bry (Indiana)

Sincerely,

Bry (Indiana)