[Harp-L] Re: full octave on 2 holes - worth it - an example

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Murray" <dlmurray@xxxx>
wrote:
> Is it possible to play music with the two hole octave that is being
> described or is it just a "look what I can do" exercise? Is there a
> practical reason for doing it, like it making some song possible or
better
> than would otherwise be possible?

You could approach it from existing melodies or from an
improvisational standpoint.

Want an example worthy of emulating via extended bends and overbends?
Try the slinky, volutuous, extended bent notes of jazz saxophone
balladeer Johnny Hodges.

Winslow