[Harp-L] Re : Class A or Not

Richard J. Smith, R.A.
Wormleysburg, PA

Axed :

I have an amp question. Since it's my harp amp, I hope
that makes it "on topic". I have a Fender Champ 12,
which has only (1) 6L6 power tube. Does this mean that
it is a "Class A" amp? Can an amp have only one power
tube and NOT be Class A?

Hurricane Sez :

More than likely it's a Class A .  A type " B " amp is a " push / Pull " type thing that has one half of the sound signal in each tube . A Class " A " can achieve this with one tube in the assembly and that's about the big difference over all between the two ( and I am not a super tech , just some one with a lot of practical experience ) over all I guess .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramón

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com