[Harp-L] preamp setups

There are 81 possible tube setups, 3 preamps with 4 gain stages each. How I
came to my setup was trial, listen, try something else, ask questions of my
techs, and keep experimenting. One can get a reissue to sound better than  it
does, but it still a reissue, the ingredients of the amp make a huge
difference in the tone. Having owned at least 50 original bassmans I can attest  to how
off each one can be from the other. Hence, my using the best components  with
tightest tolerances and tone capacity possible. Remember the Bassman was
designed for Bass, and Leo went towards a larger bass scoop even in the 1960
Bassman trying to get more lows out of it. Stock it is from left to right: 5AR4,
5881 x 2,  12AX7 x 2, and 12AY7.  My setup is totally different, and  why I
do it, or at least start that way, is from experimenting with every mic  and
setup. It literally took years, and it is just a basis, starting point,  which
is why I detail the info with my amps. So have fun. There is no ONE way,  that
is the beauty.