[Harp-L] pedals, mods, setups

It is good to see that people continually try and help harp players by
matching pedal impedences with mics and various mods, and many have asked me about
them recently. As far as my amps and my approach as a harp player has gone, I
have tried to give all the information I learned to my customers, so that they
can become independent as possible from techs for every little thing. When
someone mods your amp and you have no control of what they did, what happens when
you don't like it, which I hear a Lot. I have not tried these pedals, I have
tried other Harp type tools, which I thought worked good for PA application
but saw no gain from adding it to an amp. For all existing Sonny Jr owners we
have now added a slight mod to the 410 for crystal mics, just contact me for
info. It will come stock on all amps now. It's just more resistance to match the
mic better, from what I can hear. For all practical purposes all my techs tell
me that biasing your amp with a meter, by milliamps, is fine for practical
usage. In a perfect world the optimal way is for a tech to sit there with a
scope and other tech gear so everything is absolutely perfect. What happens when
you bust a tube on a gig, or cook one, whatever, are you going to have to haul
your amp to the tech for new tubes and biasing. What I do with tubes on
bassmans flies in the face of how they were set up for guitar, and to many
electrical engineers minds. But guess what, I never said I knew it all, but I can Hear
it, and play it, and know what it should sound like when it comes out, I think
you all trust that.  I have had my amps in the field for TEN years with no
problems, and want you all to learn and be self sufficient, and so far 65
players with the 410 agree whole heartedly. Nothing up my sleeves, just the best
parts and countless hours of research, Along with input from super techs from
around the country; Scott Berberian, Cotton Amps, Keith Robb, Evan Aurand, Skip
Simmons, thank you for keeping my dumb butt making harp players happy. As far
as the pedals and mods go, I just can't buy everything on the market to test
and I am sure there are some good ones, and some that won't do any difference
than just a nice RV5 reverb pedal or delay. The amp should take care of the
tone, fine tuning it is another part of experimentation. Anyone that has contacted
me knows I do not try and just Sell my amp to anyone who inquires, that would
be taking advantage of the desire for tone, which starts within. You will
always get the truth from me, that you can count on. So experiment on, talk about
things, see what works. Only so many hours in a day. Life is a terminal
disease, when you realize that is when you will hold onto every moment and want to
make it last. SJ