RE: Fwd:  RE: [Harp-L] paradiddles

I'm not understanding Chris' musical logic.

Musical lines/ideas exist of their own merit. When recreating the line/idea on a harmonica, how many will just happen to fall into a paradiddle breath pattern?

It does make sense if you start with a paradiddle breath pattern and try to find what musical line on the harmonica it may create, but this is putting the paradiddle before the musical idea. Sometimes I feel that this is what John Popper did to create his unique style.

Winslow would have insight into this, as he did the Herculean task of transcribing John's solos into a manuscript. I had a look at this, and the lines were not that apparent/logical to me from a musical standpoint. Man, did they look crazy on paper. A transcription project like this would have sent me to the sanitarium to recuperate.

The Iceman